Tuesday 10 January 2012

Directing ..

I opted for the job of directing the piece as I have liked the idea of doing this for a very long time. My role had me thinking ALOT about the poem and its different meanings. This involved thinking through my interpretations of the poem as well as what the author had originally intended it to mean. It also involved me putting ideas together which were mine as well as the others in the team as well.

I have enjoyed directing so far as it allows me to give ideas for others to develop which i have struggled to do in the past. The directing role has also helped confirm my career choice as a director because my ideas, as aforementioned, have had trouble getting themselves onto paper/screen in the past.

I have also thought about what my future tasks and challenges will be, such as: giving actors motivation and placing camera and sound me as well as setting the scene and getting a good opening shot. Obviously i will be helped a lot by the rest of the team such as Phil editing as well as Dan and Adam storyboarding to make the film tighter, neater and as perfect and clear cut as we can make it.

I also had an idea for a song for the film which seemed to gain positive feedback from Dan and Phil especially the intro. The intro is a soft melodic guitar which I think works really well with the forrest and its still atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment