Wednesday 8 February 2012

Animated Tanks..

As my animation is based around Tanks moving i thought it would be a good idea too look at some other animated tanks across the internet. Tanks (as I have found) are fairly easy to animate as they use simple blocky movements, turning when still, and moving in straight lines. Obviously tanks are much more mobile than this but this blocky movement is classic in terms of old style animated tanks, and i wanted to keep that going.

I also researched the old Wii Tanks game. This was a mini game on the Wii where you played a small toy tank and your objective was to shoot and destroy the other enemy tanks in the arena. The best thing about this game was that the game wasn't trying to make it realistic but it was essentially a electronic game with wooden tanks. This game was the main source of inspiration for my animation and I looked at videos during the development of my environment, models and animating them

This is a video showing the simplistic and charming style of Wii Tanks 



No comments:

Post a Comment