Tuesday 4 October 2011

Danger Days..






The above poster is a fictional film poster composing the 
members of the band 'My Chemical Romance' The reason
I post this is because this was a key part of my inspiration 
for my character. The film (fictional though it maybe) is set in
California in 2019, after a nuclear holocaust. The four band
members: Gerrard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro and Franky Iero
make up a gang called the 'KillJoys'. Each of them has a 'code'
name: Gerrard becomes Party Poison, Mikey Becomes Kobra
Kid, Ray becomes Jet Star and Franky becomes Fun Ghoul.

Reasons this inspired me:

- The names and costumes they wear are very extravagant and
strange which is why my character has fire coloured hair. 

- They produced two music videos for two songs 'Sing' 
and 'NaNaNa(NaNaNa) These videos interlink and Sing
follows on from NaNaNa. The videos show them fighting an 
evil corporation who have kidnapped a child. They are both directed 
very well and, again, the costumes and props are interesting and weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment