Tuesday 18 October 2011

Gerard Way - The Killjoys & The Umbrella Academy..

As I have previously mentioned my character 'Piro' has been inspired by Gerard Way and his comic book called the Fabulous Kill Joys. This was where I obtained a lot of the inspiration for Piro. However The Fabulous Killjoys was never formally published to my knowledge so it is difficult to get extracts from it to make reference to.

However, i did some research and found out that he had written another comic book series called 'The Umbrella Academy' which have been published as a series of graphic novels.

Umbrella Academy page 1.jpg
This is an extract from one of the books (not sure which one,
i'll have to find out) As you can see the colours are fairly basic and
,to me, seem quite depressing. The drawing style reminds me of watchmen slightly

14488.jpg
This is just one of the many graphic novels written by Way. I really like his (Gabriel Ba - the illustrator) drawing style, and I am please Piro has come out to look more like a comic book hero than a 
physical life like looking human being.


This is only a short snippet of the 'The Umbrella Academy' and i look forward to exploring their universe in more detail when I blog more about it, and when i purchase a few of the novels themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment