Thursday 6 October 2011

Piro In Illustrator..







These were my first steps into illustrator and using the pen tool 
and the live paint bucket. The top left image is using just the pen 
tool from a sketch I made. I scanned the sketch in and used the pen 
tool to go around the outside to create a smooth shape. This is much 
better than photoshop as the lines are pure and smooth. 

The other images are some colours and effects I added using the 'live 
paint bucket' tool. Using live paint bucket allows you too fill colour 
in different parts of your image. I used the bucket tool to fill colour 
the face, hair, glasses and bandana. The effects (most notably in the hair)
are done by using the 'mesh' tool. This creates a gradient and adds another 
colour to the block colour. The best way to do this is find a lighter colour 
to add subtle tones. This wouldn't work for the hair as it is many different 
colours, so I used a yellow and it made this explosion of yellow which 
was awesome! The bottom left image is the standard colours I use for Piro,
and (so far) out of these 3 this is my favourite. The bottom right is a 
colour variation I tried out, which on reflection was not as good as the 
original theme

Due to these colours being very bright, and the world he lives in being so
bleak, next time I am going to use darker colours to symbolise this.




No comments:

Post a Comment