Tuesday 22 May 2012

I'm Not Okay (I Promise)



The video above is the video for My Chemical Romance's 'I'm Not Okay (I Promise) and it is my favourite music video of all time. 

I think the video is really powerful because its message is very clearly conveyed through the acting of the band and the situations which they find themselves in. The schoolyard environment is a very integral part of the video and this proves a good amount of attention has been paid to art direction as the video would not work in another environment as most of the stereotypical situations like being bullied for being different and failing at school and being an outcast can only be represented in an educational environment such as this one. 

The variety of the situations they find themselves in just makes for a more entertaining video, as well as adding light humour such as the revenge tackle on the school mascot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment